Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Census Night, 8th of August, 2006

Homeward bound 8th August 06



While walking home last Tuesday night, Census Night 2006, I took this photo.....I also thought long and hard about many things, one being the selection of questions listed in the census booklet. I pondered what additional questions could be included to gauge an insight into the cross-section of our society. If it were up to me, I would want to ask what is your favourite cuisine, which restaurant do you frequent most regularly and what meal do you cook at home the most......imagine, 13 million forms were printed and distributed......such potential to find out so much....and yet not a single question about food, what a shame.....what a missed opportunity to discover what makes this nation tick gastronomically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home